Our Methodology at AshleyMack.com
The selection of key executives and the quality of a company’s management
team are the most important factors in a business' success or failure. When
change causes a company to seek an executive with special talents from outside
their organization, few companies have the time, knowledge or expertise to
conduct an organized and thorough search on their own. That is why they turn to
the executive recruiting professionals at Ashley Mack.
Our mission is to successfully complete every search assignment and capture,
for our company client, the most versatile candidate in the shortest
We establish a search plan that factors the critical elements of the search to
determine a realistic closure date. These elements include developing a
thorough position description, determining and identifying the size and dispersion of the potential candidate population and agreeing upon the selection criteria and
the agreed upon evaluation procedure.
We recognize that most hiring managers put at risk their own personal management performance when we are retained. We respond to that trust with
professional service, competence, quality, high energy, creativity and proven executive recruiting methods.
We apply our refined search methodology to each search to satisfy our goal of yielding positive and timely results.
- DEFINITION OF ASSIGNMENT. Our staffing firm researches out the client company (division), their industry, markets and competition to sharpen our knowledge. We then meet
our client’s key executives. Often our perspective as an outside consultant enables us to assist in assessing the demands of the position and we can add the dimension of marketplace realities learned from other searches. Needs are
analyzed and a position description is developed for client approval. Included are position responsibilities, qualifications, personal attributes and needed talents. This forms the basis of the search strategy that serves as the
benchmark for candidate evaluation and is used as a written communication with prospective candidates.
- SEARCH PLAN AND RESEARCH. A search plan is developed and tailored to the unique needs of the client situation. Dates are set for a status review,
first candidate interview and closure. With a planned program of research into agreed to target companies, we systematically identify the names, location and title of the broadest population of potential candidates. We also supplement
this original research by drawing upon other resources: our library, the Internet, prior search files, public information and consultation with prominent industry sources.
- CANDIDATE RECRUITMENT. Confidential, direct approaches are made on a personal basis to prospective candidates. A background profile is developed
on interested individuals. This includes: personal data, education, work experience, technical qualifications and current responsibilities. Our staffing firm provides the candidates’ resumes which we reformat for consistency and ease of comparison.
- STATUS REVIEW. Three to six weeks from the start (based upon the initial search plan) a meeting is set to review interim candidates, accumulated
research, and to present our observations and obtain approval to screen the leading candidates. At this point we formulate a new plan for the next stage of executive recruitment, if conditions so dictate.
- CANDIDATE EVALUATION - SCREENING. We conduct interviews with leading prospects and document their personal accomplishments, style, background,
and motivations. This interview report also discusses “capturability” and projects our estimation of client candidate compatibility.
- CLIENT INTERVIEW. We brief and debrief candidates and client management, arrange logistics of travel and an introduction to the client’s area.
The extent of direct participation in the interview is dictated by our client.
- OFFER AND ACCEPTANCE. Written reference and degree checks are submitted on the finalist candidate(s). Our recruiting experience and outside
perspective enables us to assist in designing a compensation package calculated to attract and capture the preferred candidate. We serve as the intermediary to work out any and all details which have a bearing on an acceptance of the
offer by the chosen candidate.
- ACCULTURATION. We monitor the progress of assimilation by frequently communicating with both the hiring manager and the new employee to anticipate
and avert potential problems of adjustment. In rare cases of irreconcilable difficulty, we reposition another finalist candidate and/or reinitiate the search and evaluation cycle.
- SPEED. A retained executive recruiting search usually results in the selection of a more highly competent executive or manager more rapidly. Finding new
managers can be difficult and time-consuming. Our clients are able to concentrate their time where it is critical: on the selection of the best candidate from a small group of highly qualified individuals without detriment to their
- COST EFFECTIVENESS. The cost is made known in advance. Our services are very cost effective when measured against the increases in human and financial
performance that result from a symbiotic match between the requirements of a specific workscape and the capabilities of the optimum candidate.
- CONFIDENTIALITY. When a reluctance to broadcast to your strategic changes in management to the rest of the industry is coupled with candidates who are reluctant to compromise their current successful careers, the executive search firm can present your opportunity discretely.
- THOROUGHNESS. Our staffing firm has the capability to identify and contact the broadest population of potential candidates. Internal and external
candidates can be evaluated impartially.
- PROFESSIONAL SERVICES. We are our client’s representative in the marketplace. We accurately present the essential character and challenges of
your organization. All assignments initiated on our clients' behalf are done in a competent and professional manner